Friday, November 7, 2014

Progress





Since my stroke there have been lots of adjustments and changes.  Some adjustments have been very very difficult while some have been welcomed.  For such a long time before the stroke I needed and wanted certain changes, unsure as to how to go about making this happen. After the stroke I had absolutely no choice but to make a change in my personal life.  I have always heard of a "silver lining" and have witnessed that in my life many times, the stroke being the most recent silver lining. 

The stroke forced me to completely surrender control for a while,  with that came a serenity and freedom allowing me to just trust the process.  Very suddenly things started happening beyond my control.  I will be the first to admit, when I moved out of the drivers seat and let God handle things, things worked out better than I ever could have imagined. 

Now very shortly I will be on my way to Phase II of my progress.  I am thankful for the opportunity to start a new career and very thankful for my family.

The journal above was an old journal from last year.  I took the entire journal and gessoed it....completely.  In it now contains hopes, dreams and plans for the future symbolizing a new focus and a beautiful serenity.


3 comments:

  1. Sending you get well wishes Pam. Hope all goes well for you. Great piece. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bold move to gesso your journal. Adventurous indeed. Looking forward to seeing your new path.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charming view of the path ahead. Lucky you to have such talent to create such images.
    All the best. Regards Janime

    ReplyDelete